About the job
The Account Manager role at Ballou offers the opportunity to manage a portfolio of tier-one clients in the B2B, B2C technology and venture capital spaces, acting as a consultant for clients and the primary day-to-day contact. As part of the role, you will help grow brands and drive awareness through a range of PR tactics including thought leadership, press releases, case studies, and social media activity, whilst helping to plan and direct the strategic direction for accounts.
Account Managers at Ballou are expected to act with a significant level of autonomy, although direction and support is always available when required. Account Managers must communicate effectively with senior management, involving them in situations when relevant.
A Senior Account Manager will act as a strategic consultant, offering high-level advice and ensuring client satisfaction across a portfolio of accounts. A Senior Account Manager will be able to act autonomously with only minimal input from Account Directors.
- Planning the strategic direction for accounts in conjunction with Account Director
- Ensuring wider industry knowledge in order to provide senior counsel to clients confidently
- Leading messaging sessions and drafting messaging maps with minimal input
- Outlining clear deliverables and KPIs and ensuring these are met; reviewing these as appropriate
- Building and maintaining client relationships
- Managing difficult client scenarios with minimal input from senior team
- Leading regular client meetings/calls and updating clients on PR activities
- Leading team to ensure client expectations are not just met but exceeded
- Creating high quality written content
- Fostering greater creativity across client teams
- Developing relevant news angles, stories and pitches
- Continuing to build and maintain key media relationships
- Upselling to clients where possible in order to grow retainers
- Ensuring service levels for clients are on track, neither under or over serviced
- Building a network of relevant media contacts including journalists and influencers
- Involvement in pitching and developing proposals for new business
- Keeping abreast of current PR trends and tools
- Contributing to the Ballou blog and social media feeds
- Managing and mentoring junior members of staff
- Assisting with agency recruitment process when required
What we ask
- 3+ years experience in PR / Communications, corporate / tech PR preferred
- Excellent writing skills, attention to detail and a passion for technology and current affairs
- Experience in managing account teams, excellent client service and ensuring standards across all client work
What we offer
- Company pension with a matching scheme of up to 4%
- 26 days’ holiday plus paid leave at Christmas/New Year
- Working hours of 9.00-5.30pm and finishing at 5pm on Fridays with flexibility to work from home
- International travel
- First-class in-house training programme
- Annual company offsite
- EAP scheme including free counselling sessions
- Sickness in service insurance
Ballou is an award-winning communications agency with a proven track record of helping technology companies grow their brands and reputations across Europe.
We are bright and talented strategic counsellors to our clients and are trusted by journalists, influencers, analysts and event organisers to provide truthful, compelling news and content. We are aware of the wider social context of our work and how it influences public opinion, and we are ethical and responsible in all that we do.
Our mission is to help our clients build their brands and grow and guard their reputations with creative and intelligent content and communication. To support our people as they seek to do this by nurturing a dynamic, supportive and inspiring workplace where innovative and challenging thinking is encouraged, and where the boundary between hard work and free time is always respected.
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org